Let’s face it—this year has been tough on all of us but that doesn’t mean your health shouldn’t be your top priority. Your health has an impact on all areas of your life.
Plan for a fresh start in 2021 by setting attainable goals for yourself. Try incorporating some of these New Year’s resolution ideas for a healthy lifestyle and new you.
- Take a break from technology. Turn your phone off, limit your computer time and don’t watch TV. Instead, do something that requires no technology at all. Taking a break from electronics will give your mind a chance to recharge, leaving you feeling more focused.
- Get Stronger. Most people say they don’t have time to work out so they skip it all together. Start by adding 5 minutes, then 10 minutes until you’ve reached 30 minutes of physical exercise each day. This will not only improve your physical health, but your mental health as well.
- Plan and prep your meals. Plan your meals ahead of time so you’re less likely to get off track. The number on the scale will soon follow.
- Be positive. Your mental health is an important part of your overall health. Challenges and setback are inevitable—as most of us experienced in 2020—but having a positive attitude will keep you motivated to stay committed to your other health goals.
- Book your doctor’s appointments. Booking your appointments in advance will help you avoid unwanted stress while ensuring you’re up to date on all your necessary screenings to help keep you healthy.
Have questions or concerns? Call Dr. Saska Sookra. Lifestream Family Medicine wants to be your primary care facility. Contact us to schedule an appointment by clicking this link or calling (941) 755-0433